Get the Best Quotes from Top Rated Life Insurance Companies
Life insurance protects your family in case of your death, providing a death benefit that can pay off the house, cover college tuition, pay medical and funeral costs, and help the family stay solvent. Because life insurance is so important, you want to make sure you get the best quote from a top rated life insurance company.
Get the Best Quote
To get the best quote on your life insurance, follow these tips:
* Decide what kind of life insurance you want. The two main types of life insurance are term and whole life. Term is less expensive because it’s life coverage only – when the insured dies the beneficiary receives the face amount of the policy. Whole life insurance combines life insurance with an investment component. Part of your premium pays for the insurance, while the rest is invested.
* Buy insurance when you’re young and in good health, especially if you want term life insurance. As you get older your premium increases.
* Don’t use tobacco. If you do use tobacco, quit.
* If the insurance company requires a medical exam, schedule it for morning. Your blood pressure, cholesterol, and stress levels will be better then.
* If possible, apply for your insurance toward the end of a quarter or year, when insurance companies are trying to reach sales quotas.
* Comparison shop. Rates for the same life insurance coverage can vary greatly, so check several companies. The best way to comparison shop is to visit an insurance comparison website where you can get quotes from multiple companies. On the best of these sites, you can chat with insurance professionals online who will answer your questions (see link below).
Choose a top-rated company
Once you have rate quotes from several companies, you want to research the companies so you can choose a top-rated company. The Internet is a great source for investigating the ratings of insurance companies. Two of the better sites to check a company’s rating are:
A.M. Best (ambest.com)
A.M. Best rates insurance companies based on their ability to pay claims, their credit rating, and their ability to pay it’s debtors and stockholders.
Your State’s Department of Insurance
All States have a Department of Insurance website and most list complaints filed against insurance companies. If your state doesn’t list complaints, you can go to the California Department of Insurance website – www.insurance.ca.gov – to get this information.
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/life-insurance.html or click on the following link to get the best quotes from top rated life insurance companies and see how much you can save. You can get insurance tips in their Articles section.